Sunday, November 17, 2013

Remember the Time.



I remember the last time,
I was here,all excited and nervous,
As that was the first time,
I was ever going to be awarded for my writing,
For all I ever wanted was just moments of honour.

I remember the first time,
Picking the pen to lead my thoughts,
To a new dimension of mine,
Sometimes they lead with glee,
 But at times they didn't turn into words,
Difficult to understand what these thoughts meant.

I still remember the first time,
I ever went on a stage,
To accept my glory,honour,
My fingers reaching out to hold,
Back then I thought it out of my reach,
But then it was never,I am giving my thank.

I remember that time,
When we say together,
Talking about our beautifully crafted future,
Oh! Brother you said you,
You wanted a day under your name,
But that big is what I didn't want.

I know this is my last time,
For me to receive my award,
This is what I always dreaded,
The era of mine now comes to an end,
All of these feelings are overwhelming,
This is the last time I put them in words,
The last time.






No comments:

Post a Comment